Saturday, May 30, 2009

Move over bacon...here's something greener!

You don't get much greener than a local farmer's market. Mine opened for the season today and I made a super locavore breakfast out of the bounty.
Scramble-Tofu mixed with black salt, turmeric, and lemon juice; mustard greens; beet greens; garlic; asparagus tips, sage, chives.

Tofu bacon - The Bridge local tofu and hickory bacon salt, pan fried.
Arugula - just picked yesterday arugula with olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette.
Strawberries - topped with balsamic vinegar.

I also realized you can EAT the chive flowers, so I topped the scramble with them. Nice light oniony flavor and oh, so pretty.

11 comments:

HayMarket8 said...

That big pile of greens makes me so hungry! I love going to the farmers markets!

DJ Karma said...

Those chive flowers make the plate so pretty!

Jeni Treehugger said...

WOAH! Looks amazing!

vegancaliente said...

Very pretty!

Tracy said...

chive flowers are gorgeous! What a perfect garnish. I've never heard of bacon salt, is that like smoked salt?

Jenn said...

I added the link to the bacon salt. http://www.baconsalt.com/
It is more like bacos than smoked salt.

Sal said...

those chive flowers are sooo pretty!!

Zucchini Breath said...

June 13th our FM opens. I cannot wait!

Everything looks so amazing!

For the Love of Guava said...

What a spread! You're killing me here Jenn it's only Tuesday!! I might have to have breakfast for dinner! And bacon salt??? LOVE IT!

jrsimon56 said...

I love this time of year, just for the fresh produce!

aTxVegn said...

I love the summer farmers markets. Your dishes look beautiful and too delicious!