Thursday, July 30, 2009

Who cares what today's topic is, I'm still freaking out about the caffeine...

I'm not a particularly addictive person. I crave change more than routine and I am usually the voice of moderation. I'm glad I don't normally chug a pot of coffee in the morning because getting over tea is bad enough. I had so little yesterday that I could feel the comings on of the caffeine withdrawal headache when I woke up this morning. I drank lots of water, sniffed some clear my head, and still needed a little fix. So I filled a big mug and only let the tea steep for about a minute. I want more, but I'm not going to do it. The little bit helped and I think I'm going to make it.

Otherwise it's going fine.

No animal products; check. Come on, I have to make it sound like an accomplishment.
No gluten; check. French fries with Tabasco ketchup isn't exactly "cleansing," but it's gluten free. Brown rice is my friend.
No sugar; check. Not counting the sugar in ketchup. It's a condiment!
No alcohol, check. Went out to a pub and had club soda. Hence the french fries for dinner.
No caffeine, well, I've significantly cut down. I think I can make it a whole day this weekend.

I'm really glad I posted that I'm doing this. Thanks for all your support. Without it, I'd definitely be guzzling giant vats of tea and slamming bagels. So thanks.

7 comments:

robfelty said...

What's wrong with gluten? You don't eat seitan at all?

Jenn said...

I forget sometimes people only see one post. I'll try to remember a recap...non caffeinated me isn't al there...It's a 3 week cleanse based on Kathy Freston's Quantum Wellness. I'm just cutting out the seitan/bread for 3 weeks.

Tara said...

You are doing really well! You will have caffeine kicked in no time!

For the Love of Guava said...

YEAY! Go Jenn Go!! Stay strong sister! Kick that caffeine monkey off yo back! :)

Bianca said...

In the immortal words of Adam Sandler in Waterboy: "You can do it!"

Now that I've established the extent of my nerdiness, just wanted to let you know that I'm proud!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

You have all the strength in the world. Best of luck with the rest of the cleanse!

Anonymous said...

I intended to do a cleanse body thing last week....yea, did not happen. Lack of will power though my intentions are there.

Good luck Jenn! I'm glad you don't have an addictive personality...that's half the battle won right there...

Have a good lazy Sunday!