Sunday, July 18, 2010

Grilled veggie panini with Daiya mozzarella

Oh the trendy panini, how I love thee. I got way too many veggies going on from the CSA with loads of zucchini, squash, and eggplant and I need to start getting creative on ways to use them. Daiya cheese melts so well and really rounds out the panini experience.

I have the older version of this cuisinart panini grill that I like, but from the Amazon comments it looks like this updated one is even better.

Off to watch more Avatar, the last Airbender...gotta love cartoons where the main character doesn't eat meat! I haven't seen the movie yet.
Don't miss this giveaway Vegan Crunk Bianca is giving away soap nuts on her blog.

Also remember to renew your Veg News subscription. This month's 10th anniversary issue features a gorgeous Peter Max cover, but only on the subscriber issue. It also has the 10 top vegan blogs, articles by Joshua Katcher and his sister Joelle, Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, Terry Hope Romero, Robin Robertson, Hannah Kaminsky, Dynise Balcavage and more. It also showcases the top veggie cities where of course New York Rules!!! There's Vegan Drinks, Veggie Prom, Veggie Pride Parade, Lula's Sweet Apothecary, Moo Shoes and 42 vegan restaurants! Go NYC!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my gosh that looks so good! and i've been looking for some good squash/eggplant recipes lately since i'm moving to vermont in about a month and have no idea how i'll adapt to the change in veggie options

miss v said...

i'm overload with garden veggies and csa goodies as well - paninis sound like a perfect idea to just throw them all together. right on!

Anonymous said...

I am waiting for the day the VegNews will be available to European subscribers; no such luck yet :(

I also adore eating aubergines! such a 'versatile' veg.
That panini looks delicious.

Jenny said...

The Avatar guy doesn't eat meat? That's interesting.

River said...

Oh man, I am so addicted to Daiya! Your panini looks freakin' awesome! I have an old black and decker grill that isn't too great. It might be time to upgrade! :D

racheyalex said...

dude, don't see the movie. it doesn't even come close to the awesomeness of the cartoon. just sayin. sorry my first comment on your blog is non food related but it needed to be said. ;)