Saturday, February 2, 2013

Million Bean Soup from Robin Robertson

Some beans, little bit of this, little bit of that, and voila, million bean soup!

A Crock Pot makes this easy soup a no brainier. There's a recipe, but most of the point is that there is no recipe!

I didn't have a bag of mixed dried beans to I took all the open bags of beans I had around the house and added some of each. Small white beans, kidney beans, black beans, black-eyed peas, and chick peas.

I also left out tomatoes and added some diced potatoes.

I took it another step and blended about half and added it back, so it has sort of a traditional black bean soup texture.

I've been enjoying it all week at work in my oversized teacup soup bowl.


1 comment:

River said...

A recipe with no recipe - that's my kind of recipe! :D

I like all your job guesses, particularly the flea market coordinator. Who would keep me from hoarding too much stuff from all the different flea markets though?