Sunday, July 14, 2013

Duo of Cold Summer Soups - Avocado cream soup and Gazpacho

Cool off from the sticky summer heat with a duo of cold soups.  The Avocado Cream Soup came from the Practically Raw cookbook and the Gazpacho is the traditional Moosewood version I've been making for many years now.  You can start with cold ingredients and it's ready right away or let it chill in the fridge for a few hours.  


I tried some fancy food styling and that's supposed to look like a yin yang sign.  Whatever, it was delicious!  I don't think the V8 juice I used counts as raw, but everything else is raw and mostly came from the CSA this morning.

I'm digging the Practically Raw book by Amber Shea Crawley.  I had made a few things using the oven, but now that I finally broke down and got a n Excalibur Dehydrator, I'm sure I'll make even more.  

No comments: