Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day! Warm up with a vegan hot toddy.

Technically the office was open today, but I really needed a snow day. Justifiable since I couldn't actually get out of my apartment until someone came by to shovel the snow from my blocked doorway.
Anyway in between cleaning out the pantry and reading some Chelsea Handler, I thought this scene (me in my PJs on the couch with the ipad) would be a whole lot more sophisticated if it included a nice hot beverage.
The unopened bottle of kahlua I found at the back of the pantry was a bonus. When choosing your boozing for your vegan hot toddy, you can always check out barnivore for the latest in what's vegan and what's not.

Vegan mocha with Soyatoo

1 cup vanilla soy milk
2 TBS Dutch cocoa
1 cup brewed coffee
2 TBS Kahlua
Vegan whip cream

In a medium saucepan, mix cocoa with soymilk and heat, but do not boil. Add a generous splash of kahlua to a large coffee mug, add brewed coffee halfway, fill to within 1/2 inch with hot cocoa, then top with whip cream. Yum.

3 comments:

Miller said...

i am so jealous. i wish i was sitting on my couch. drinking kahlua. knowing you.. it's magical and delicious

Vic Robinson said...

Looks like a warming cup of joe!

Laura said...

I'm a little late to the party but... I just made this tonight (with almond milk and vanilla coffee) and OMG was it ever good.

So glad I stumbled upon your blog. :)