Saturday, January 31, 2009

Back to the Pantry

Even after my pantry purge in most of November, I seem to have as much if not more junk in my trunk, er stuff in my pantry.

So here we go again. I'm soaking some dried beans and making some broth. I'm trying to save some squash that was trying to grow itself in my kitchen.

What to do, what to do...pasta, pizza, bread, chickpea cutlets, maybe some brownies. I really should bake more. I'm going to set out to make some stuff that I can take into work for lunches (and probably dinners) this week.

More later...in the mean time, here's the almost instant chickpea soup I tested for Robin Robertson's Vegan on the Cheap coming out soon. Who doesn't need fast and easy, cheap vegan eats?

And if you didn't already think I was crazy, today's cooking soundtrack is currently on Air Supply. Yes I said it. Air Supply. My mom used to put on records and cook when I was a kid. Next up is, don't laugh, Dan Fogelberg.

Just so I don't lose all my cool points with my easy listening confessions, check out the new PETA ad that was banned from the Super Bowl. 'Veggie Love': PETA's Banned Super Bowl Ad

5 comments:

Kelli said...

I LOVE Air Supply and Dan! And REO Speedwagon. And Neil Diamond. And the list goes on... =)

the little one said...

Okay, so I know you're trying to purge it, but I still can't help but be jealous of your pantry.

Jen Treehugger said...

That Soup looks amazing.

(I've never heard of Air Supply!!) You're still cool in my books!
:)

Anonymous said...

I'm all out of loooove I'm so looooost without youuuuuuuuu

hahahaha o'my tofu I haven't heard of them in a long time but their pesky songs sticks in my head!

Yep who doesn't need fast cheap vegan food...right on sistah!

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

LOL!! My mom is the biggest Air Supply fan ever! :)

Peta always makes ads that will end up banned. I guess they make bigger news than they would if they were allowed!