Monday, October 6, 2008

Vegan MoFo day 6

Despite the camera mishap, the eggplant turned out awesome.

I brought some in for lunch.

Instead of a traditional eggplant parm, I used whole wheat panko and made a cheese sauce from the uncheese cookbook. I should have tried this cheese sauce thing earlier, because it turned out better than expected. I even made some maccaroni and had a mac & uncheese snack while I was cooking the eggplant.

One of my friends' grandmother makes an eggplant parm with both American and Mozzarella cheese. I remembered it being awesome, so I veganized it with the american style cheese sauce, some basil tofu ricotta and some almond/pine nut/noochisan topping.

My husband LOVED it. He had to look at mine to make sure we were eating the same thing and was totally shocked it was vegan.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

thanks for the review on the cheese sauce, i'll have to try it. I ignore that cookbook way too much.

Aubade said...

I just have to say I love the titel of your blog. S-A-F-E-T-Y Vegan Dance! :)