Thursday, November 20, 2008

Pantry Raid day 20 - Health food tastes good

It's not just because I'm hungry, my canned lentil soup is pretty good.
Yet another reason to be glad I'm cleaning out the pantry. This can o'soup expired 9/26/08, and the rice is the brown and wild rice mix I brought in for last week's make-my-co-workers-eat-vegan-and-like-it lunch.
I didn't make enough for lunches this week (I had my artisan bread with frozen TJ's veggie burgers up 'til now.) So I'm glad I found the lentil soup and was smart enough to figure out how to work the can opener on my swiss army knife.
Lentil soup on brown rice is about as hippie health food as I'm gonna get. I'll have to try to make my own and spice it up a bit. I know there's a bag of lentils in the pantry...

5 comments:

Joanna said...

lentil soup is really good even though it sounds like a blahh type of soup. i buy the frozen kind.

i think it's so badass that you used the can opener on your swiss army knife!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

I'm not gonna tell you how this whole time I thought you were blogging "Panty Raid." I was very, very confused.

Jenn said...

Ha! I have to keep making sure I type "pantry" each time otherwise it's just a bad Animal House reference.
I'm doing a "local food" challenge this weekend, so I think I'm bagging the pantry only for some in season farmer's market food while it lasts. And it's thanksgiving and all. I think 20 days is a pretty good run.

the little one said...

Giving up the pantry? 20 days is definitely a good run!

Bethany said...

looks good to me. lentil soup doesn't sound full on healthy to me because it tastes good, but I guess it is :)