Thursday, November 13, 2008

Pantry Raid Day 13 - Vegan lunch for co-workers

I still have only eaten from the pantry for Nov, so when invited to lunch, I suggested I cook and we eat in the company cafeteria.

I made more chicken style burritos with brown & wild rice and kidney beans (used 1tbs liquid smoke in cooking liquid.) Chipotle veganaise on the side. They were a big hit with my 2 omni co workers and I got to pass along the seitan recipe. Praise Seitan! My friend brought this awesome tomatillo salsa and I'll post the recipe when I get it.

Yet again I forgot to take a photo...

4 comments:

Leslie Richman said...

Mmm liquid smoke and seitan...two of my faves. Check out my blog...I tagged you!

the little one said...

Good for you to sticking to your plan! Admirable!

Joanna said...

seitan is so darn good!! i love it with barbecue sauce. i haven't had it in a while because i have this annoying gluten intolerance. it's drivin me nuts, jenn!!!

Lisa -- Cravin' Veggies said...

I am very impressed Jenn! This was my plan for MoFo, but it quickly went awry. I should have done it this month. Grrr