Saturday, December 27, 2008

Evening with a vengence! Biscuits and Gravy.

Why oh why don't I make new recipes more often. I read them, think, hey, that looks good, then like a year later-by the power of greyskull-I finally whip it up.



A. Somehow a conversation with the ninja today turned to biscuits.

Me: I'm having a cup of tea.
Him: With biscuits?
Me: Uh, no, but like, do you mean biscuits like British for cookies or like biscuits and gravy? Because I guess either would go well with tea. Since it's afternoon, I guess cookies would be better, but I suppose you could be having tea with breakfast so it could go with biscuits and gravy.
Him: Uh, whatever. I like cookies and biscuits.

B. I've got some tempeh in the fridge that is embarrassingly past it's sell by date.

C. I'm bored and want to cook something since I just read the entire new Veg News.

D. I'm hungry. Now.

E. Grab Vegan with a Vengeance from the shelf. Check index for tempeh recipes. Debate several recipes.

F. Make: Tempeh Sausage crumbles and Baking Powder Biscuits and White Bean Tempeh Sausage Gravy.

G. Marvel at both how easy and fast this is to make from conception to table and again wonder why I haven't made everything from this cookbook yet. The ninja will be happy when he gets home to have biscuits. Too bad the mustard sauce is gone, or I would have had to go all Slingblade and have biscuits with mustard sauce. Mmm,hmm....maybe next time.

5 comments:

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

I love tall biscuits! They look so perfect!

By the power of greyskull! You're too funny! :)

Tami said...

I get that way with cookbooks sometimes. But it feels so good when you make something!

Anonymous said...

I'm with the ninja - both kinds of biscuits sound good to me! I agree with Tami, it feels great when one makes something successfully from the cookbook that has been on the "to make" list... but then again, I'm usually just ready to eat NOW and can't stand to make something new - hence the "old standby rut", lol. It's the "cook before you are starving" that is the hard part!

jessy said...

hooray for biscuits & gravy! i totally need to check out that recipe, too! mmmmmmmmm! you make it look soooooo darn tasty!

"by the power of greyskull" made me laugh so hard! i haven't heard that in years! heman was my absolute faaaaavorite! yay!

nice job on using up the tempeh, too - no food waste = the best ever!

the little one said...

I surprisingly absolutely loved that recipe!