Saturday, December 27, 2008

More ninjadillas and pizza and an alien cat

It's not a real vegan food blog until ya post some cat photos.

Miss Lizzie and Mr. Darcy chill out while I'm cooking up vegan goodness at Mom's. Those are all cookbooks on the shelves behind the sofa. Mom may be missing a few vegetarian cookbooks from the stash...hope she doesn't read this soon...

For Christmas leftovers, I made ninjadillas. The filling is the seitan from last night sliced up in some store bought pasilla sauce. Pasilla sauce is ancho and pasilla peppers with OJ and garlic. I threw some black beans and cooked brown rice in the filling and let it simmer a few minutes. Grilled it up on some spinach tortillas with soy cheddar and served it with chipotle vegenaise, green salsa, and some sliced grape tomatoes.
I also made more of the artisan bread dough. This time I used King Arthur white wheat flour. We made pizzas out of it and there's still dough for mom to make more fresh bread herself.
The pizza is topped simply with some jarred tomato sauce and Follow your Heart cheddar which melted beautifully.

Just in case she tries to fool you with her cuteness...Lizzie has been captured in her true alien form...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lizzie and Darcy.... so cute! I love the alien eyes ;-)
The bread recipe seems really versatile, do you find it works just as well for the pizza as the bread? I'd love to get a good all-purpose basic recipe under my belt.....

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

OMG! Miss Lizzie and Mr. Darcy! Can you believe that I am watching Pride and Prejudice for the 100th time as we speak here? Weird!!

I love those ninjadillas! We had pizza last night too, we're so synchronized!

Alien cat! Freaky!

Tami said...

That quesadilla really looks good! And so does the pizza!