Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Veggie stuff about Twilight...Seriously

OK, "vegetarian" vampires who hunt wild game instead of humans is kind of a misnomer, but there were some real veggie friendly surprises in the film.

A. When Bella is first in the diner the waitress specifically says something about Bella and her gardenburger.

B. Then in the same diner, later in the film, the waitress again hands someone their "veggie plate," while Bella eats a big salad

I was happy that someone clearly meant to put these veggie friendly tidbits in the film.

If I haven't gushed enough about my love affair with this series, I'll say it again now. The writing is gripping and engaging, although geared towards a teenage audience. If you like Harry Potter, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, any invocation of Pride and Prejudice, Wuthering Heights, or Romeo and Juliet, you should give these books read.

2 comments:

For the Love of Guava said...

hehe... I guess you're right... I did notice that veggie burger comment but it probably didn't register because the tofu comment was still making me giggle in my head... :)

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

How cool! I'm always so tickled when I hear a veggie reference on TV or in a movie!