Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas with Seitan!

When I visited mom earlier this year I made seitan and didn't eat it all while I was here. It's the vcon recipe and I froze it with the broth and all.

So today I thawed it out, then coated it in cornmeal, and fried it up. I'm bringing this to a friend's for dinner tonight and there's enough for me and anyone curious enough to try it. I could have made gravy with the broth, but I'm bringing the remainder of the vcon mustard sauce instead. I snuck a taste of smaller piece already and it's totally yum. So in case anyone was wondering, frozen setian is da bomb.

And I whipped up some rolls from the artisan bread dough. I made a few yesterday, too, and they are so easy and totally spectacular. Good thing mom got me that earth balance, but the ninja even likes them plain.
Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Joanna said...

hey, girl!! merry christmas. i hope you enjoyed the seitan.

i saved my appetite for the desserts- my god- i am so stuffed right now. it's unbelievable!!!

Tara said...

Merry Christmas! The seitan looks yummy. I hope you enjoyed your holiday!

Anonymous said...

Hope your holiday was happy! And glad you were able to make such delicious meals out of the seitan. I've never been able to get into it, I'll admit, though.
Now the artisan bread, that's another story! I followed the link and that has my mouth watering :-) Did it rise better this time? For the rolls, do you just divide the dough into small pieces? I'd love to give it a try.

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

Seitan Claus is coming to town! :)