Sunday, December 14, 2008

Fried spaghetti

Yeah, I just ate fried spaghetti for breakfast. It was kinda awesome. I made the pasta for lunch yesterday by mixing the artichoke dip with the sauce from the lasagna. The combination made both better.

I heart New York. I just had two days of fun with friends.

Friday we had our company party during working hours which is nice. Watching your boss do the congo at 2 in the afternoon is pretty entertaining. After, a few of us went for Ethiopian food which was totally killer as always. That injera is some good stuff.
Followed up by watching my friend sing Iberian Christmas songs in a chorus at St. Patrick's cathedral on the lower east side.
Saturday, after running around doing crazy errands all morning, I met my cousin, her husband and another friend for dinner and a show. Dinner was at Blue Smoke which is a BBQ joint, but they have the most amazing homemade BBQ potato chips and I got a veggie burger with fried onions and mushrooms slathered in BBQ sauce and that came with even more salt & vinegar chips. Happy vegan dining in unlikely places.
Then we went to see Spring Awakening. It was really good, but let me just say, don't see this with your parents or on a first date. I've seen Avenue Q, and the uncomfortableness of puppet sex is nothing compared to the teen lust of the first few songs of Spring Awakening. The performance was great. The main guy was Hunter Parrish from Weeds. Duncan Sheik won a Tony for the music. Every time I go see a show, I can't believe how I don't do this more often. There are tons of ways to get cheap tickets in New York and with so many shows closing, I'm going to have to make more efforts to support the arts. Next, I'll have to go see Harry Potter naked in Equus.

5 comments:

Jemima said...

Aww thank you so much for the award chica :) I'm so glad you had a great time in New York...I have to say I've never tried fried spaghetti! Sounds tasty though ;-) xxxx

Tami said...

I love fried spaghetti! My mom used to make it all the time with leftovers. Yours sounds better though.

I know what you mean about shows. Even here (so not NY), whenever we go I think we should to it more often.

Tara said...

My mom used to make fried spaghetti all the time, too! Congrats on finding vegan yumminess in unexpected places!

Gina said...

I want to see Spring Awakening so badly! I took my mom to see Avenue Q for her birthday a few years ago and it was slightly awkward, haha, I'll make sure to see this with someone else!

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

Why have I never had fried spaghetti? Everything is better fried, isn't it?

Ha! Harry Potter naked! Have fun! :P