Thursday, October 1, 2009

October is here!

October is not only the month I was born and Vegetarian Awareness Month, but October 1st is World Vegetarian Day and the kick off for the Vegan MoFo (month of food)! The amazing Kittee is hosting this year's mofo.

Let your friends and family know about world vegetarian day and see if you can get them to commit to a day or a meal of vegan food awesomeness. Check out VegDaily's post for some inspiration. And VegNews is having a contest with lots of goodies as prizes. My co-workers and I ordered take out from my favorite veggie Chinese restaurant, Buddha Bodai in Chinatown, NYC (they deliver to the financial district, sweet!)

Hot & sour soup. Spicy and salty.

General Tso's Veg. Chicken with brown rice. Mmmm fake chickeny saucy goodness.
Stick Rice in wrapped in bamboo leaves. I LOVE this. You don't eat the bamboo leaves (they're pretty bitter if you accidentally get a bite.) It's filled with a veg pork meat of some variety.

Sticky sweet rice balls with coconut. These are still warm and filled with a sweet sesame paste. Yum! I love the gooey texture of the sticky rice on the outside and try not to choke to death scarfing these down

Happy MoFo, y'all.

8 comments:

Vic Robinson said...

Looks fun! Happy birthday month! ;)

Jen Treehugger said...

YAY!
That's some seriously good take out there. I'm especially liking the rice balls with coconut! YUM!
Happy Mofo'ing Jenn.
:)

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

woot happy mofo!

i saw a chef on tv make something like those sweet rice balls, they sound amazing!

KitteeBee said...

did you say sticky balls? count me in!

xo
kittee

For the Love of Guava said...

YAY for MoFo... and Ball Shaped food!!! MMM....

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

Dude, you always get the best restaurant food ever! Happy birthday-month! And happy MoFo! :-)

Susan said...

I love those coconut balls! That food looks great, I wish I had a place that would deliver to work!

miss v said...

i wish we had more vegan take-out places... heck, i wish we had more vegan restaurants here. that looks fab!

and thanks for the tip on penzey spices ranch - i have a penzey spice store just down the street from my work and i *love* all their stuff.