Friday, October 2, 2009

Lemon blueberry muffins

Who knew lemon and blueberries go so well together? Well Colleen Patrick-Goudreau did, 'cuz I got the recipe from the Joy of Vegan Baking. These were super easy and I got to use up some summer blueberries from the freezer.

For more on making your own vegan muffin concoctions, check out Sal's mofo muffin tips on basic and jazzed up muffins.

Tonight I'm off to a vegan meet up and we're going to tool around the east village getting local NYC restaurants to make us awesome food with Daiya cheese. I love my internet peeps, but it's always good to meet some vegans in real life.

Peace out.

6 comments:

nora said...

Haha, I think blueberries and lemons are often together, actually!
But they look yummers!

Have fun at your meet-up. Wish I could go to one!

Jen Treehugger said...

Oooh what a great combo- Lemon and Blueberry - yum!
Good luck on your Daiya cheese hunt. I've heard that totally knocks the socks off EVERY vegan cheese.

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

I love the bright yellowness! Happy meet-up!

Jen said...

yum! i always think about aerosmith's "walk this way" when i see a muffin post. y'know, you ain't seen nuthin 'till your down on a muffin. i mr. tyler meant something completely different, but i'd like to dream and think he was talking about vegan baking.

Gina said...

I tried Daiya a few weeks ago and I wasn't impressed, but I am REALLY hard to please when it comes to vegan cheeses.

I love lemon-blueberry, yum!!

Susan said...

Lemony muffins are my favourite!
Enjoy your night, it sounds fun. :)