Thursday, October 29, 2009

Peanut butter and jelly oatmeal

Here's another quickie...

I usually make oatmeal at work for breakfast with some rolled oats and raisins, but I ate all the raisins yesterday and forgot to bring more in. I did have some peanut butter left at the bottom of the jar and I had some Crofter's superfruit spread in the fridge. It's the Europe blend with black currants, pomegranates, morello cherries and red grapes.I tried to make the PB & jelly all in a yin and yang formation, because I thought it would look cool, but I gave up because I was hungry. I don't bother to microwave the oats. When I have it boils over into a big mess and I hate to wait around to stop and stir every 30 seconds. I don't like microwaves anyway. Even though it's not instant, just cover rolled oats in hot water and let it sit for a few minutes. By the time it's softened it's a good temperature to eat and you won't burn your tongue first thing in the morning.

5 comments:

Debra said...

Sounds good!
Debra @ Vegan Family Style
don't forget my cookbook giveaway- giveaway closes down Oct 31, midnight.

Tara said...

That looks really good!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Did RayRay put you up to this?! lol

I've gotta try that.

jessy said...

i am so gonna have to try this! i loooooove pb&j – and i have oatmeal every morning. i need to change it up though ‘cause my flax-walnut-almond milk-date combo is getting a little old! now i can’t wait for tomorrow morning! w00t! i need to get my hands on some of that crofter’s superfruit spread, too – i looooooove currants & cherries! (also – i hear ya on not liking the microwave. we have one & i can’t remember the last time i used it!)

Jen said...

what an awesome idea. i'm surprised i haven't thought of it before. probably even better with some nanners in it. then again, i love anything with bananas.